Tasks and Responsibilities
Member of the R&D team in charge of the development of embedded firmware running on the company integrated circuits microprocessors, as well as development of the test programs used in production testing. The responsibilities of the Firmware/Test Engineer also include:
- Development of the continuous integration tests of the microprocessor firmware during ASIC prototyping.
- Participate in specification and review of the PCBs used to implement the production testing of the company’s products.
- Participation on the development of technology evaluation vehicles as well as software development kits.
- Automatization of laboratory tests and measurements using programming languages like Matlab, TCL, Python.
Required title: MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
Required expertise: at least 3 years in similar tasks.
- Experience in embedded programming, using both high level programming languages (C/C++) and assembler.
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems and experience in software development for time-bound systems.
- Capable of working in code optimization (memory footprint and execution time).
- Electronic engineering knowledge. Analysis of PCB schematics.
- Knowledge of other languages (M4, R, TCL, Python, Matlab, Visual Basic for Applications, shell scripting languages).
- Problem solving, debugging skills are a must.
- Comfortable in a barebones programming environment.
- Use of laboratory equipment like oscilloscopes and power supplies.
- Basic knowledge of lex&yacc is welcome.
- Knowledge of version control and issue tracking software is welcome.
- Knowledge of a Hardware Description Languages (Verilog or VHDL) is welcome.
- Experience in development of low-level drivers for Linux operating system is welcome.
- Fluent written and verbal English communication skill is a must: all internal documentation is written in English.
- Continuous search for technical excellence,
- Passion for learning from experience,
- Critical and constructive attitude,
- Capability to accept responsibilities from implementation to validation in the laboratory,
- Proactive (problem solving) attitude,
- Rigorous when dealing with production-related information,
- Zero bug tolerance,
- Team membership attitude.
Place of work
- Tres Cantos headquarters (Madrid, Spain).
- We will also consider the option of 100% remote working as a function of the candidate’s profile.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! If this job description does not quite meet your expectations, please have a look at our further job openings: