In order to fulfil the needs of future connected and automated vehicles, our next-generation automotive Ethernet provides high-speed links up to 100 Gb/s over glass optical fibers (GOF). Instead of various port components, the new solution delivers a single-component, complete automotive multi-gigabit system. The new connector systems are very small, light-weight, and extremely inexpensive compared to the previous ones. With cost-down and consistency in focus, optics, fibers, connectors, and electronics already developed for nGBASE-SR are leveraged. The according IEEE 802.3cz Standard is in the final release phase.
In April, we’ve had our well-attended online presentation “New IEEE 802.3cz Standard: multi-gigabit links for automotive”. Many thanks to all that attended the first webinar in our virtual space at Koonstel, organized in cooperation with Secpho. We’ve shown details of the new IEEE 802.3cz Standard and IC uses cases. Also, attendees learned about new fiber and connectors for these new applications. The new IEEE 802.3cz standard defining multi-gigabit optical Ethernet using graded-index glass optical fiber for automotive applications is in final review and we’re eagerly expecting the publication.
At the Automotive Ethernet Congress by Elektronik automotive, WEKA Group, in March 2023 in Munich, Germany, Dr. Harald Karcher has spoken with César Esteban about KDPOF’s multi-gigabit Ethernet technology over optical fibers in cars. KDPOF had demonstrated how our optical connectivity technology will solve future challenges with in-vehicle networks. The demo setup included robust, EMC-safe, and low-cost in-vehicle high-speed links with connectors from leading suppliers like MD Elektronik and Yazaki.
We’re looking forward to presenting our newest automotive Ethernet demo setup over fiber optics at VECS – Vehicle Electronics and Connected Services – in Gothenburg, Sweden. This year’s theme is: what is next in the autonomous & electric future of transportation? From May 23 to 24, 2023 at stand C04:12 in hall C, Óscar Ciordia and César Esteban will demonstrate how KDPOF’s optical connectivity technology will solve future challenges with in-vehicle networks. The demo setup includes robust, EMC-safe, and low-cost in-vehicle high-speed links with connectors from leading suppliers like MD Elektronik and Yazaki.
Duties and Responsibilities
As R&D Project Manager you will support our team leaders on the accomplishment of the tasks intended to develop the family of optical multi-gigabit automotive transceivers on time and within budget, in accordance with the goals set up by the company, as well as all the requirements committed within public grant programs (dissemination, IP, etc).
- Develop full scale project plans & facilitate the follow-up of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation: develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps for documentation
- Manage project budget, plan & schedule timelines & track deliverables
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Monitor and report on the status & progress of the project
- Present regular reports on project progress, problems and solutions
The proposed IEEE 802.3cz standard has entered the IEEE 802.3 Standard Approval Ballot stage for final release. Join us on April 27, 2023 at 16:00 CET for the online presentation “New IEEE 802.3cz Standard: multi-gigabit links for automotive”, organized in collaboration with Secpho, an industry cluster that gathers more than 180 organizations promoting technological innovation through deep tech in all sectors of our economy.
For our job opening of a Production and Test Engineer in Madrid, we are enhancing our team with a person in charge of production test development, analysis of production data, product reliability assurance and production test continuous improvement during production.
The responsibilities of a Production and Test Engineer include:
- Development and improvement of the test programs used in production, to optimize the test time, coverage and yield, while guaranteeing product reliability.
- Analysis of production data (test results, PCM, etc.).
- Definition of test flows for specification of parametric limits and criteria for functional pass / fail.
- Participation in the definition and execution of reliability tests and qualification flows.
- Participation in specification and review of the wafer sort and final test PCBs and the test programs used to implement the production testing of the company’s products.
- Participation in analysis of customer returns and field returns.
- Participation in risk analysis (like FMEA) and definition of the control plan.
- Interfacing with test equipment vendors.
- Participation in production test installation and debug.
- Working in close collaboration with R&D team.
KDPOF celebrates the advance of the proposed IEEE 802.3cz standard to the IEEE 802.3 Standard Approval Ballot stage.
“We are happy that the IEEE 802.3 automotive optical multi-gigabit standard draft has entered final review for publication,” stated Carlos Pardo, KDPOF CEO and active participant in the IEEE 802.3 working group. “We have started the development of prototypes, led by OEMs in Europe, Asia, and North America, for the proof-of-concept (POC) of optical 10GBASE-AU links for backbone, camera, radar sensor, and display use cases.” Read more
KDPOF proudly announced their technological cooperation with Würth Elektronik (one of the leading manufacturers of electronics and electromechanical components in Europe) to advance automotive multi-gigabit Ethernet over fiber optics.
“We are honoured to have Würth Elektronik as a partner for our next-generation optical high-speed connectivity reference designs in vehicles,” stated Carlos Pardo, CEO and Co-founder of KDPOF. “As the auto industry approaches the 100 Gb/s*m speed-length threshold, the move from copper to optical physical data transmission media is picking up speed.” Read more
KDPOF is proud that their EVB9351-SFP 1000BASE-RH Small Form-factor Pluggable transceiver module has been selected by the editors of Electronic Products as this year’s winner in the optoelectronics category. The annual awards, now in its 47th year, recognizes outstanding products that represent any of the following qualities: a significant advancement in a technology or its application, an exceptionally innovative design, a substantial achievement in price/performance, improvements in design performance and a potential for new product designs/opportunities.
Ronda de Poniente 14, 2ª Planta, 28760 Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
T: +34 918043387