The KD1053 implements the Physical-Coding Sublayer (PCS) and Physical Medium Attachment (PMA) sublayer of a 1000BASE-RHx PHY, compliant with the specifications of the IEEE Std 802.3bvTM-2017 standard for gigabit optical communications over plastic optical fiber (POF). The KD1053 must be connected to a compatible Fiber Optics Transceiver (FOT), which implements a Physical Medium Dependent (PMD) sublayer and a Medium Dependent Interface (MDI), to form a complete automotive 1000BASE-RHC physical layer.
- Data Interfaces: Support RGMII v2.0, RMII, MII, SGMII, 1000BASE-X and 100BASE-X standards in the MAC interface
- Standard: 1000BASE-H Physical Coding Sub-layer (PCS) and the Physical Medium Attachment (PMA) sublayers according to the IEEE Std 802.3bv- 2017
- Key Features: 1000 Mb/s data interface over Automotive/Industrial grade SI-POF. EMC immune. Low latency 6.2 us latency for 1 Gb/s operation and 1.4 us for 100 Mb/s (local RGMII to remote RGMII)
- Typical Applications: EMC critical applications, such as industrial Ethernet and automotive connectivity: battery management, safe communications backbones, smart antenna modules, infotainment, lower speed EMC-tight links, autonomous driving safety redundancy, and ADAS sensor interconnection.
- Package: 56-pin QFN (7 x 7 mm) ROHS package
- Availability: In production