We’re proud to congratulate our CEO Carlos Pardo for being awarded Entrepreneur 2023. He’s winner of the 13th edition of the Entrepreneur Awards by Asociación/Colegio Nacional de Ingenieros del ICAI. On October 20, 2023, he will collect the XIII Entrepreneur Award at the ceremony of the 2023 Association Awards.
Work Profile of a Field Application Engineer
KDPOF is a stable and leading international manufacturer of high-speed optical transceivers. As a Field Application Engineer with a solid background in the communications market, you will provide global support to our customers across Europe and Asia in the automotive market. You will have the opportunity to play an active role in shaping continued positive corporate growth and to make a substantial contribution to the ongoing expansion of the automotive business unit. If you are interested in traveling to trade fairs, external training or on-site project support to automotive customers, this position may interest you.
As a Field Application Engineer, you will be part of the Automotive business unit and will work closely with the marketing and R&D departments to deliver high quality product and project support for the automotive portfolio within KDPOF.
If all this motivates you and the idea of taking on the responsibility of providing customer support for project inquiries, on-going support, and addressing technical challenges excites you, then please review the detailed vacancy information below and proceed to apply.
We’re excited to present our optical gigabit connectivity technology and chip production plans at CHIPNATION Congress on 28 November 2023 in Getafe, Spain. It’s the first national congress of the Spanish semiconductor industry – Building the future of the European semiconductors industry.
From 13:15 to 14:00, our CEO Carlos Pardo will discuss “IPCEI and the capabilities deployed in Spain” at the round table, together with Jose Capmany, COO of iPronics Programmable Photonics, and Iñigo Artundo, CEO of VLC Photonics (Hitachi Group). Moderator will be Estela Gallego, Advisory Spokesperson, Directorate General for Industry and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises.
On 24 November 2023, secpho will organize the virtual conference and exhibition “Hangar 23 Tech Show“. We’re happy to participate with the presentation “Solutions for aerospace optical communications: 100 Mb/s – 10 Gb/s” at 10:10 CET. In addition, we will showcase latest technology highlights in the online exhibition – in a hangar and in an airplane. Read more
The Quality Engineer is responsible for leading and maintaining all required automotive industry quality compliance procedures. Additionally, the Quality Engineer acts as a liaison with suppliers and customers relating to quality requests and testing processes.
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer include
- Assist quality manager to develop, implement and maintain the Quality and Environment Management System.
- Monitor and assist manufacturing in process control and development. Collect, review, and react to data collected within the manufacturing process per the control plan. Ensure the update and maintenance of the capability studies (SPC data collection). Support continuous improvement efforts.
In order to fulfil the needs of future connected and automated vehicles, our next-generation automotive Ethernet provides high-speed links up to 100 Gb/s over glass optical fibers (GOF). Instead of various port components, the new solution delivers a single-component, complete automotive multi-gigabit system. The new connector systems are very small, light-weight, and extremely inexpensive compared to the previous ones. With cost-down and consistency in focus, optics, fibers, connectors, and electronics already developed for nGBASE-SR are leveraged. The according IEEE 802.3cz Standard is in the final release phase.
We’re looking forward to presenting our newest automotive Ethernet demo setup over fiber optics at VECS – Vehicle Electronics and Connected Services – in Gothenburg, Sweden. This year’s theme is: what is next in the autonomous & electric future of transportation? From May 23 to 24, 2023 at stand C04:12 in hall C, Óscar Ciordia and César Esteban will demonstrate how KDPOF’s optical connectivity technology will solve future challenges with in-vehicle networks. The demo setup includes robust, EMC-safe, and low-cost in-vehicle high-speed links with connectors from leading suppliers like MD Elektronik and Yazaki.
Duties and Responsibilities
As R&D Project Manager you will support our team leaders on the accomplishment of the tasks intended to develop the family of optical multi-gigabit automotive transceivers on time and within budget, in accordance with the goals set up by the company, as well as all the requirements committed within public grant programs (dissemination, IP, etc).
- Develop full scale project plans & facilitate the follow-up of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation: develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps for documentation
- Manage project budget, plan & schedule timelines & track deliverables
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Monitor and report on the status & progress of the project
- Present regular reports on project progress, problems and solutions
For our job opening of a Production and Test Engineer in Madrid, we are enhancing our team with a person in charge of production test development, analysis of production data, product reliability assurance and production test continuous improvement during production.
The responsibilities of a Production and Test Engineer include:
- Development and improvement of the test programs used in production, to optimize the test time, coverage and yield, while guaranteeing product reliability.
- Analysis of production data (test results, PCM, etc.).
- Definition of test flows for specification of parametric limits and criteria for functional pass / fail.
- Participation in the definition and execution of reliability tests and qualification flows.
- Participation in specification and review of the wafer sort and final test PCBs and the test programs used to implement the production testing of the company’s products.
- Participation in analysis of customer returns and field returns.
- Participation in risk analysis (like FMEA) and definition of the control plan.
- Interfacing with test equipment vendors.
- Participation in production test installation and debug.
- Working in close collaboration with R&D team.
KDPOF is proud that their EVB9351-SFP 1000BASE-RH Small Form-factor Pluggable transceiver module has been selected by the editors of Electronic Products as this year’s winner in the optoelectronics category. The annual awards, now in its 47th year, recognizes outstanding products that represent any of the following qualities: a significant advancement in a technology or its application, an exceptionally innovative design, a substantial achievement in price/performance, improvements in design performance and a potential for new product designs/opportunities.