In order to fulfil the needs of future connected and automated vehicles, our next-generation automotive Ethernet provides high-speed links up to 100 Gb/s over glass optical fibers (GOF). Instead of various port components, the new solution delivers a single-component, complete automotive multi-gigabit system. The new connector systems are very small, light-weight, and extremely inexpensive compared to the previous ones. With cost-down and consistency in focus, optics, fibers, connectors, and electronics already developed for nGBASE-SR are leveraged. The according IEEE 802.3cz Standard is in the final release phase.
We’re looking forward to presenting our newest automotive Ethernet demo setup over fiber optics at VECS – Vehicle Electronics and Connected Services – in Gothenburg, Sweden. This year’s theme is: what is next in the autonomous & electric future of transportation? From May 23 to 24, 2023 at stand C04:12 in hall C, Óscar Ciordia and César Esteban will demonstrate how KDPOF’s optical connectivity technology will solve future challenges with in-vehicle networks. The demo setup includes robust, EMC-safe, and low-cost in-vehicle high-speed links with connectors from leading suppliers like MD Elektronik and Yazaki.
Duties and Responsibilities
As R&D Project Manager you will support our team leaders on the accomplishment of the tasks intended to develop the family of optical multi-gigabit automotive transceivers on time and within budget, in accordance with the goals set up by the company, as well as all the requirements committed within public grant programs (dissemination, IP, etc).
- Develop full scale project plans & facilitate the follow-up of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation: develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps for documentation
- Manage project budget, plan & schedule timelines & track deliverables
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Monitor and report on the status & progress of the project
- Present regular reports on project progress, problems and solutions
For our job opening of a Production and Test Engineer in Madrid, we are enhancing our team with a person in charge of production test development, analysis of production data, product reliability assurance and production test continuous improvement during production.
The responsibilities of a Production and Test Engineer include:
- Development and improvement of the test programs used in production, to optimize the test time, coverage and yield, while guaranteeing product reliability.
- Analysis of production data (test results, PCM, etc.).
- Definition of test flows for specification of parametric limits and criteria for functional pass / fail.
- Participation in the definition and execution of reliability tests and qualification flows.
- Participation in specification and review of the wafer sort and final test PCBs and the test programs used to implement the production testing of the company’s products.
- Participation in analysis of customer returns and field returns.
- Participation in risk analysis (like FMEA) and definition of the control plan.
- Interfacing with test equipment vendors.
- Participation in production test installation and debug.
- Working in close collaboration with R&D team.
KDPOF is proud that their EVB9351-SFP 1000BASE-RH Small Form-factor Pluggable transceiver module has been selected by the editors of Electronic Products as this year’s winner in the optoelectronics category. The annual awards, now in its 47th year, recognizes outstanding products that represent any of the following qualities: a significant advancement in a technology or its application, an exceptionally innovative design, a substantial achievement in price/performance, improvements in design performance and a potential for new product designs/opportunities.
The German electronics journal Elektronik by WEKA Publishing has chosen our new EVB9351-SFP as one of the finalists in the automotive category for product of 2023. “We’re happy that this first optical 1000BASE-RH Small Form-factor Pluggable transceiver module is nominated for product of the year 2023,” stated our CEO Carlos Pardo. “It integrates the whole 1000BASE-RHC PHY and the header connector for SI-POF optical harness. We’re proud to accomplish the first milestone for future commercial optical 1000BASE-RH SFP modules, which will integrate into the optical ecosystem in automotive.” Test houses welcome the SFP module for the valuation of optical gigabit Ethernet in vehicles. Until January 29, 2023, users are called to vote for their favorite electronics products.
At the European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC) in September 2022 in Basel, Switzerland, Dr. Joseph Pankert, VP Product Management at Trumpf Photonic Components, and Rubén Pérez-Aranda, CTO and Co-founder of KDPOF, presented “980nm VCSELs: New Standard in Automotive”. KDPOF is proud to have been part of the program at the continent’s largest event in the field and one of the most prestigious and traditional events on optical communications worldwide.
In collaboration with AMETIC, Carlos Pardo will participate in TheMISS Conference, which is accompanying MATELEC trade show. This leading trade fair for the electrical, electronics, and telecommunications industry is taking place from November 15 to 18, 2022, at IFEMA in Madrid, Spain. On November 18, at 11:30, Carlos will speak about “Spanish and European Proposals to Chip and Semiconductor Shortages” at IFEMA Technology building, Room 3, Pavilion 7. They will discuss strategies and solutions included in PERTE and how companies in Europe are trying to solve the problem locally.
Since the widespread shortage of semiconductors started, several European industries have been hit, not just in the automotive sector. Various industries have been directly or indirectly affected, and it has become evident that increasing semiconductor production capabilities in Europe is crucial. At the 37th edition of the Conference on Design of Circuits and Integrated Systems (DCIS 2022) from November 16 to 18, 2022 in Pamplona, Spain, KDPOF CEO Carlos Pardo will participate in the Panel Session “Chip Crisis: Europe Strikes back” on November 17 at 15:00. Read more
In the course of V5G Days from May 30-31 in València, Spain, and online, Carlos Pardo participated in the panel discussion “The Microelectronics Industry in Europe: Recovery or Reinvention?” He summarized the roundtable: “I very much enjoyed the informative talk with representatives from the Spanish semiconductor industry about PERTE, Strategic Projects for Economic Recovery and Transformation in Spain. KDPOF will soon start mass production of semiconductor packaging and testing in Spain of our own products and third parties ones, thanks to IPCEI (Important Project of Common European Interest) and PERTE.”
Ronda de Poniente 14, 2ª Planta, 28760 Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
T: +34 918043387