Work Profile of a Field Application Engineer
KDPOF is a stable and leading international manufacturer of high-speed optical transceivers. As a Field Application Engineer with a solid background in the communications market, you will provide global support to our customers across Europe and Asia in the automotive market. You will have the opportunity to play an active role in shaping continued positive corporate growth and to make a substantial contribution to the ongoing expansion of the automotive business unit. If you are interested in traveling to trade fairs, external training or on-site project support to automotive customers, this position may interest you.
As a Field Application Engineer, you will be part of the Automotive business unit and will work closely with the marketing and R&D departments to deliver high quality product and project support for the automotive portfolio within KDPOF.
If all this motivates you and the idea of taking on the responsibility of providing customer support for project inquiries, on-going support, and addressing technical challenges excites you, then please review the detailed vacancy information below and proceed to apply.
Your Tasks as Field Application Engineer:
- You offer comprehensive information about our products designed for automotive applications and provide global project and design support, either remotely or on-site, for automotive projects.
- You create block diagrams, schematics, or any other technical documentation to assure the full understanding of project solutions and conduct product and solution tests at the in-house location (Madrid, Spain) to meet project requirements.
- Perform in-house or on-site product demos when required from sales and build customer loyalty by providing high quality product support.
- You take part in trade fairs and external trainings and represent the company in training courses in coordination with the marketing team.
- You actively check and update the Automotive products and marcom material in the Madrid showroom to ensure successful customer demos.
- Offer remote troubleshooting for technical issues via phone or email, recording these instances in the relevant applications, and reporting technical issues to Field Application colleagues, R&D, and sales departments.
- Perform in-house product tests to solve issues reported from customers.
- Provide on-site services, including documentation and troubleshooting, for significant projects requiring this service.
Product Management Support
- Provide new product ideas, or product improvement suggestions to marketing department.
- Regularly update and maintain our technical knowledge base documentation, integrating insights garnered from project support, encompassing use cases, ECU design, and troubleshooting tips
- Perform field tests for new developed products and maintain communication within other support and development departments.
- Maintain and develop knowledge on all subjects related to Automotive networks.
- Assist in creation of product training material and product presentations.
What you bring with you:
- Education: An advantage will be a bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering or any comparable education, focusing on wired comms.
- Technology Experience: A minimum of 5 years working within the electronics industry, engaged in tasks outlined previously, with experience in using electronics and comms. analysis and simulation tools, and with CAD software and MS PowerPoint.
- Know-how: Solid knowledge in the areas of communications transceivers, Ethernet networking at PHY level and optical communications.
- Soft Skills: Your work approach is defined by Customer orientation, accountability, teamwork, consistency, autonomy, and a focus on achieving results. Strong communication skills and the ability to provide clear customer messages are essential.
- Others: Proficient language skills in English and Spanish and availability for international travel.
With us you can expect:
- Development and Growth: we offer development and training opportunities in a fast-growing start-up company.
- Financial Stability: With us you receive performance-related pay, health insurance as well as other company benefits.
- Work-life Balance: A concern that is part of the company’s culture. We offer the possibility of hybrid work and flexible working hours and the opportunity to work in a modern workplace in an excellent location in Madrid (Tres Cantos).
- Working Together: we are a friendly team with a shared passion for technology. We focus on building personal connections through team events and networking activities between teams.
Knowledge Development for POF S. L. (KDPOF) creates solutions that enable high-speed reliable connections over optical fibers. Building on its expertise in High Performance Mixed Signal electronics, KDPOF is driving innovation in the automotive, consumer and professional industries, and in application areas including M2M, Automotive Driving Support Systems and Infotainment and Smart Homes networks.
KDPOF has operations in Europe with commercial presence in more than 10 countries worldwide. KDPOF’s high performance mixed signal technologies for automotive applications create new ways to make cars cleaner, safer, more comfortable, and more fun.
Our industry-leading in-vehicle network systems save lives and step-up reliability with lower weight. We consistently deliver connectivity solutions that rival the best in home technology and make it an ideal complement to WiFi end device access.
Our focused R&D investments, our competencies in Communications Signal Theory, Analog, and Digital Processing, and our relentless commitment to quality and excellence make us a long-term partner in automotive. KDPOF’s technology expertise enables delivery of innovative, easy-to-implement solutions that are tailored to our customers’ needs.
We look forward to welcoming you as Field Application Engineer to our team! If this job description does not quite meet your expectations, please have a look at our further job openings: