The KD1000 FAMILY
KDPOF products currently address three target markets, with individual products tailored for each specific need: home, and small office/home office (SOHO), professional, and automotive. Each product within the KD1000 family is optimized for the respective target market with the most suitable data interface that meets the quality and cost goals of the customer. For instance, specialized markets like automotive or professional require specific interfaces which are not used in other mass markets like home or small area networks.
KDPOF technology is offered as a product in two ways: as an Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) or chip, and as Intellectual Property (IP) that can be integrated in third part Systems on Chips (SoC).
KD1000 Family of Products
|–||–||RGMII, SGMII, 1000BASE-X|
- Ethernet (802.3) compatible PHY fully compliant with the ETSI Gigabit POF standard
- Support MII, GMII, RGMII, SGMII or SerDes host digital interfaces, which can operate in either MAC or PHY roles
- Interface with the Fiber Optics Transceiver (FOT), composed by the driver and light emitter (LE) in the transmit part, and by the photodiode (PD) and Trans Impedance Amplifier (TIA) on the receive side
- Incorporate built in Automatic Gain Control (AGC) and configurable analog filters for very flexible connectivity with the compatible FOTs
- Support both point-to-point and daisy-chain topologies
- Provide for highly simplified implementation of network nodes, like wall plugs incorporating several POF ports for daisy-chain topology
- Enable connectivity in legacy installations by allowing backward compatibility with POF ports based on IEEE 802.3 100base-FX