The KD1053 is a 65nm CMOS ASIC that implements the Physical-Coding Sublayer (PCS) and Physical Medium Attachment (PMA) sublayer of a 1000BASE-RHx PHY, compliant with the specifications of IEEE Std 802.3bvTM-2017 standard for gigabit optical communications over plastic optical fiber (POF). The KD1053 must be connected to a compatible Fiber Optics Transceiver (FOT), which implements a Physical Medium Dependent (PMD) sublayer and a Medium Dependent Interface (MDI), to form a complete automotive 1000BASE-RHC physical layer.
- Data Interfaces:Support RGMII v2.0, RMII, MII, SGMII, 1000BASE-X and 100BASE-X standards in the MAC interface
- Standard: 1000BASE-H Physical Coding Sub-layer (PCS) and the Physical Medium Attachment (PMA) sublayers according to the IEEE Std 802.3bv- 2017
- Key Features: 1000 Mbps data interface over Automotive grade SI-POF. EMC immune. Low latency 6.2 us latency for 1 Gbps operation and 1.4 us for 100 Mbps (local RGMII to remote RGMII)
- Typical Applications: EMC critical applications. Infotainment network, ADAS networks, autonomous car backbone.
- Package: 56-pin QFN (7 x 7 mm) ROHS package
- Availability: Q4 2017
Download KD1053 Product Brochure